Friday, September 11, 2009

First Blog for Up North Journal

As I sit here writing my first blog for the Up North Journal, I have decided to tell you a little bit about myself. We can get to the fun stuff next time.

First my name is Chris "Chico" Lopez. I am an avid outdoorsman. I am married to my very understanding wife Angela and have a 2 year old son Drake. They are my support staff. When I come home from a hunting or fishing trip that didn't go as planned, they are always there to lift my spirits. In order to do what I do I need their support. I am hear to say that I have it 100%. My family means everything to me and I appreciate their sacrifices so that I am able to follow my dream.

I am a down to earth person, city boy turned country. I love country and southern rock, my blue jeans, cowboy boots, baseball caps, southern and cajun food (who am I kidding, I love all foods and deserts!) who has been blessed to have the opportunity to be in the outdoors industry and for that I am thankful.

Hunting and fishing are my passion. I have been doing so for over twenty years and good Lord willing I will be able to do it many more. I love to hunt waterfowl, deer, turkey and small game in that order. Fishing small streams for trout, river fishing for steelhead and salmon, fishing for walleye and panfish in open water or hardwater is on my list as well.

I hope you will sign up to follow my blog. I look forward to sharing my adventures and misadventures in the outdoors. Feel free to contact me anytime and I look forward to your comments. Please check out our podcasts and episodes of Beyond the Wild, you won't be disappointed.

So until next time, be safe, appreciate what you have and get into the great outdoors.

3 comments: